Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
GX94 is the main source for local news in Eastern Saskatchewan & Western Manitoba.
We are looking for a talented news person to continue and grow that responsibility.
You find news rather than wait to be assigned stories.
You have experience in covering local news and now want to expand that experience.
Your sound is unique to you and it expresses confidence and reliability.
You want to become a part of a News Team.
Then we need to hear from you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Report on breaking news stories as they occur across Eastern Saskatchewan and Western Manitoba.
- Actively contribute and suggest story ideas for the aggregated daysheet.
- Prepare and anchor news, sports and agriculture packages as scheduled and during vacation or shift relief.
- Attend press conferences, RM meetings, City Council, and other press events as scheduled, condensing and writing locally relevant news stories from the information gathered.
- Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources.
- Post and update social media feeds and station website with relevant content through the life of a story.
- Monitor social media and emergency services feeds for potential news sources.
- Localize regional, national and internationally trending stories for our listening audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with KLZ Newsroom
- Graduate of a recognized broadcast news or journalism program with a minimum of 2 years experience in a radio newsroom
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-starter that takes direction
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Team player that thrives in a busy, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with social media and formatting stories for online distribution
- Curiosity and the ability to ask “the next question”
- Flexible schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a current drivers abstract
Please send your resume & demo to:
Brad Bazin, Program Director
Harvard Media, Yorkton
GX 94 / Fox FM
Please put “Morning News Anchor / Reporter” in your subject title.
Harvard Media values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.