Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
620 CKRM is synonymous with Agriculture in Saskatchewan. Since 1926, 620 CKRM has been “The Source” for agriculture news in Saskatchewan, bringing the most relevant, informative, and entertaining content to our farm audience. Our lunch time show, Saskatchewan Agriculture Today provides an hour long look at the latest prices, news and issues impacting the people who put food on our tables every day. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Our farm audience counts on 620 CKRM to keep them informed all day, with farm content in our main newscasts as well. 620 CKRM is looking for someone to continue the legacy of excellence we provide to the farm community every day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and write Agriculture stories for “Agriculture Today”, our general news casts, and for the web page.
- Work with the news department to efficiently gather the information from an extensive list of contacts
- Host “Saskatchewan Agriculture Today”. 620 CKRM’s flagship farm show.
- Ability to gather interviews by phone and in person.
- Able to attend trade shows, and other events as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A good knowledge of agriculture, from the field to the processors.
- Must be self motivated, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good knowledge of KLZ (Newsroom), Adobe Audition and Wide Orbit software an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Must Understand responsible, effective use of social media
- Post Secondary Education in broadcast journalism, or related experience
- Minimum two years experience in media.
Send your resume & demo to:
Abbey White, Program Director 620 CKRM
Harvard Media, Regina
The Wolf / CKRM / Play 92
Please put “AG News Director” in your subject title.
Harvard Media values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.