Interpret, innovate and inspire with radio advertising.
Radio advertising is not a new way of advertising, but it is still on the rise and one of the best ways to advertise your business. This form of advertising can help grow your business to the next level through brand awareness, sales, and provide a personality to your business.
What is Radio Advertising?
Radio advertising is simply buying a commercial or in-person event, such as live on location, to promote your business’s products, services, or brand as a whole. Businesses pay radio stations for airtime and in exchange, the stations will broadcast the advertisement to their audience. There are extensive types of radio advertising to provide you with options that will best suit your business needs. Some types include live-on-location, 15, 30 or 60-second commercials, live reads, PSAs, and so much more.
People may think that radio is no longer a beneficial choice, now that streaming services, social media, etc. are available, we are here to tell you that is not true. Radio listening has recently risen up by 93 percent since pre-Covid.
- 86% of listeners are more likely to select a product or service they are familiar with instead of the first option on a page.
- 79% of listeners will search online for a product or service after hearing about it on the radio.
- 44% of Canadians listen to the radio one hour or less prior to making a purchase.
- 45% of Canadians find radio helps listeners discover stores, brands, products and services in their town or city.
- 33% of Canadians find radio helps them know about a limited-time offer.
- 27% of Canadians find that radio helps them remember products, services or brands they may need something from.
- 21% of Canadians will recommend brands, products or services they heard on a radio advertisement.
- 27.4 million Canadians aged 12 or older are reached through the radio every day.
How Does Radio Reach Listeners?
With our world becoming very digital, we no longer have to rely on the radio in our cars and dial speakers to listen to the radio. Radio can reach listeners through all types of mediums such as cars, computers, phones, and smart speakers. During COVID, Canadians 18 or older have been listening to the radio through:
- regular radio receivers, such as car radios (55%)
- laptops, desktops and tablets (12%)
- mobile or smartphones (10%)
- smart speaker (10%)
Radio engages with its listeners by providing influential awareness, intent, search and purchase. This form of advertising can reach many listeners at one time to not only produce sales but brand awareness, so your business name will not be forgotten. Try radio advertising today with Harvard Media and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.