Mix1037FMNews Mix 103.7 FM
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted and no phone calls please
Something is always happening in Fort McMurray & the Wood Buffalo region, and Mix 103.7 is proud to be a trusted news leader here. Our brand is based on keeping our listeners informed and engaged with what’s happening in our great community. Mix 103.7 is looking for someone with exceptional writing skills, with the ability to find and tell compelling stories and who understands that it all begins and ends with being local.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Anchor weekend news /other shifts when needed
- Research and write news stories five days a week
- Attend press conferences, City Council, and other press events as scheduled, condensing and writing locally relevant news stories from the information gathered.
- Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources.
- Post and update social media feeds and station website with relevant content through the life of a story.
- Monitor social media and emergency services feeds for potential news sources.
- Localize regional, national and internationally trending stories for our listening audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with KLZ Newsroom
- Graduate of a recognized broadcast news or journalism program
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-starter that takes direction
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Team player that thrives in a busy, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with social media and formatting stories for online distribution
- Curiosity and the ability to ask “the next question”
- Flexible schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide a current drivers abstract
Please send your resume & demo to:
Andrew Wilcox, Program Director
Harvard Media Fort McMurray
Mix 103.7 FM
Please put “News Reporter” in your subject title.
Harvard Media values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.